StrataSite critical incident mapping meets and exceeds grant funding requirements specified per Michigan House Bill No.6012.
Michigan House Bill 6012 is a bipartisan bill that makes an historic investment in school safety by fully funding risk assessments and critical incident mapping to help protect students and create safety plans in the event of an emergency.
We are pleased that more communities in Michigan will have an opportunity to benefit from what only StrataSite has to offer.
- Scott Lowry, StrataSite President
Scott Lowry, StrataSite president, said the Michigan legislature’s commitment to no-cost safety upgrades for its schools will enable the emergency preparedness planning community to experience next level efficiencies that set StrataSite apart from older, more static options that simply provide maps, alone.
“Not only do schools need plans, but the emergency responders tasked with saving lives need the tools necessary to collaborate, create and train for a coordinated multi-agency response. This is what StrataSite delivers every day for safety professionals responsible for lives in hundreds of schools, workplaces, and public event spaces. We are pleased that more communities in Michigan will have an opportunity to benefit from what only StrataSite has to offer.”
According to Lowry, critical incident mapping with StrataSite yields, in-part, a map that meets the following key grant qualification parameters, as detailed in the final version of the bill, excerpted below:
- It must be compatible with platforms and applications used by local, state, and federal public safety officials.
- It must not require the purchase of additional software for use.
- It must be provided in a printable format.
- It must be verified for accuracy through a walk-through of a school building and school grounds
- It must be oriented true north.
- It must include accurate floor plans overlaid on or current aerial imagery of a school building or school plan.
- It must include site-specific labeling that matches the structure of the school building, including room labels, hallway names, external door or stairwell numbers, locations of hazards, key utility locations, key boxes, automated external defibrillators, and trauma kits.
- It must include site-specific labeling that matches the school grounds, including parking areas, athletic fields, surrounding roads, and neighboring properties.
- It must include a gridded overlay with x/y coordinates
- It must include information that best assists first responders in an emergency, including, but not limited to, the following information: (i) Building numbers. (ii) Floors. (iii) Suite designations. (iv) Room numbers. (v) Other available relevant location information for each school
Are you a Michigan safety planning professional?
Schedule a demo today to see how StrataSite can go beyond simple map development to maximize this grant funding opportunity.