StrataSite is primed to assist Florida public schools with emergency response school mapping data that meets funding requirements as specified per Florida House Bill No. 301.
Florida House Bill No. 301 requires the Florida Department of Education (DOE) to create a School Mapping Data Grant Program for assisting local first responders in responding to emergencies in public schools. Public schools, including charter schools, can apply to the program to receive funds for mapping each school in the district. Requests for funding must be submitted to the DOE by September 15, 2023.
StrataSite™ school mapping data equips all stakeholders with the advanced knowledge needed to efficiently respond to any active threat, whether accidental or intentional, by human or nature, in order to protect and save lives of students and faculty.
- Scott Lowry, StrataSite President
StrataSite President Scott Lowry welcomes the opportunity to work with Florida public schools to ensure a swift and coordinated response to any emergency situation. “Record numbers of threats and school shootings reported across the country in the last several years has dictated this increasingly urgent need for school emergency response mapping,” said Lowry. “StrataSite school mapping data equips all stakeholders with the advanced knowledge needed to efficiently respond to any active threat, whether accidental or intentional, by human or nature, in order to protect and save lives of students and faculty.”
Lowry stated that StrataSite delivers a comprehensive response-readiness plan that meets the following key grant qualification parameters, as detailed in the final version of the bill, excerpted below:
- Be compatible with software platforms used by local, state, and federal public safety agencies that provide emergency services to the specific school for which the data is provided without requiring such agencies to purchase additional software or requiring a fee to view or access the data.
- Be compatible with security software platforms in use by the specific school for which the data is provided without requiring the local law enforcement agencies or school districts to purchase additional software or requiring a fee to view or access the data.
- Be in a printable format and, if requested, be in a digital file format that can be integrated into interactive mobile platforms in use.
- Be verified for accuracy by a walk-through of school buildings and grounds.
- Be oriented true north.
- Be overlaid on current aerial imagery.
- Contain site-specific labeling that matches the structure of school buildings, including room labels, hallway names, and external door or stairwell numbers and locations of hazards, critical utility locations, key boxes, automated external defibrillators, and trauma kits.
- Contain site-specific labeling that matches the school grounds, including parking areas, athletic fields, surrounding roads, and neighboring properties.
- Be overlaid with gridded x and y coordinates.
Are You a Florida School Safety Planning Professional?
Request a quote today to see how StrataSite can go beyond simple school mapping data development to maximize this grant funding opportunity.